The Kulliyyah of Quran and Sunnah is the kulliyyah of the Islamic University of Maldives that will play the most prominent role in dissemination of Islamic legal knowledge from its original sources.
The students who gain their knowledge through this Kulliyyah will have the capacity to conduct academic research on the Quran and Sunnah. Additionally, they will assuredly be cultured in the knowledge of these two sources and will be people who are embraced by the community.
One of the primary roles of this Kulliyyah is to create awareness in the Maldivian community regarding the academic treasures that are contained within these two sources, and to enhance the development of the Maldives in various sectors through shining the light of the Quran and Sunnah to show the way forward. May Allah enable this Kulliyyah to provide beneficial services to our brothers and sisters throughout the Maldives.
To develop a community with Maldivian values that forges its path through the inspiration of the Quran and Sunnah.
Researching the Quran and Sunnah, and creating a generation that is able to achieve the highest levels of creativity in learning from and teaching about these two sources, and to spread the invitation of Islam through the known and stated moderate philosophy of Islam that is encompassed in the Quran and Sunnah, and that has been put forward by the pious predecessors.
1. To learn from the mother’s lap to the grave
2. Integrity and justice
3. Steadfastness and comprehensiveness
4. Hard work and sincerity
1. To produce people who have the knowledge and skills of reciting the holy Quran, and to contribute to the development of teachers of the holy Quran
2. To be in the service of the holy Quran, and to be of service in the knowledge of the Qiraa’ath of the Quran
3. To produce people who are aware of the Qiraa’ath of the Quran and the fields of knowledge that are related to it (insert the Arabic names here)
4. To deliver to teachers in the field of Quran sufficient knowledge of Tafseer and the principles behind it, as well as specialised knowledge of the Quran
5. To conduct research that is useful for the Maldivian community in the areas of the Qiraa’ath of the Quran, and the knowledge and science of the Quran
6. To teach the learnings of the ten Qiraa’ath of the Quran that have been passed down, in order to produce Qari’s who are linked up to the Prophet Salla Allah ‘Alaihi Wasallam (SAW), through Quranic certification
7. To produce people who are capable of accessing the Quran and Sunnah in order to carry out various academic behavioural research to solve various challenges facing society
8. To develop this Faculty as an institution known for the teaching of the Quran and Sunnah
9. To produce people who have the ability to give out the invitation to Islam that will help to keep the unity of the religion, and also are capable of clearly setting out the place of Sunnah in the legal system
10. To produce people who are knowledgeable in the Sunnah of the Prophet, as well as in related fields of study
11. To defend the Sunnah of the Prophet from misunderstandings